Report It

Report It



Highway Matters | Fly-Tipping | Abandoned Vehicles | Dog Fouling | A Breach of Planning | Changes that affect your Council Tax | Abuse of a vulnerable adult | Abuse of a Child | A Benefit Fraudster | Anti-Social Behaviour | Report Hate Crime

I've created this page so you can report such issues as Highway Matters, Fly-Tipping, Abandoned Vehicles, Dog Fouling, a Breach of Planning, Changes that affect your Council Tax, Abuse of a vulnerable adults, Abuse of a Child, a Benefit Fraudster & Anti-Social Behaviour. You can also find details of reporting issues to the Police and Ampthill Town Council.

Needless to say, I would be happy to report such issues on your behalf. Email me at or ring me on 07896124933 

Central Beds Council

Report Highway Matters

Report these highways issues:

  • potholes
  • faulty street lights
  • dead animals
  • damaged pavements
  • traffic lights
  • drainage or flooding problems
  • overgrown trees and hedges
  • obstructions in the road
  • grass cutting issues
  • road sign or other street furniture
  • another problem on the road or pavement

Or Contact us

  • 0300 300 8049

Whenever you report a problem to Central Beds Council please tell us the town or village name, the street the problem is on and any other location details which will help us find the problem.

Report an area suffering from litter, gullies that need sweeping or leaf fall on highway or council maintained land

To report an area suffering from litter, gullies that need sweeping or leaf fall on highway or council maintained land, please let us know by emailing or telephoning 0300 300 8302

Alternatively use FixMyStreet - Report, view, or discuss local problems (like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting) at

Report fly tipping

Fly tipping is waste which has been dumped illegally on public and private land. You can report fly-tipping by calling 0300 300 8302 or by emailing

Central Beds Council will need to know:

  • your name
  • address
  • contact telephone number
  • location of fly tipping

Report an abandoned vehicle

If you need to report an abandoned vehicle please call 0300 300 8302 or email

We will need to know the abandoned vehicle:

  • make
  • model
  • colour
  • registration plate
  • location
  • condition

Report Dog Fouling

Allowing dogs to foul and not clean up after them is illegal as well as being anti-social. Offenders can expect a fixed penalty notice of £50 or prosecution in some cases.

Estimates put the British dog population at around 6.8 million, producing 900 tonnes of faeces per day.

Dog walkers must scoop their dog mess up from all designated land to which the public have access.

Designated land

  • Footways and paths, including public footpaths
  • Play areas, picnic sites and outdoor eating places
  • Sports playing pitches, including five-metre border
  • Formal parks and land where the grass is cut
  • Land outside schools and hospitals
  • Car parks, public transport bays and surrounds
  • Cycleways and surfaced areas near to houses
  • Shopping areas, markets and public circulation areas
  • Cemeteries and war memorials
  • Land surrounding toilets, recycling sites and public buildings

If you spot someone who hasn't cleared up after their dog then you should note what happened as soon as possible. Where known, include the name and address of the person in charge of the dog, a description of the dog plus details of the date, time and place of the offence.

If you want to report a problem with dog mess or to report dog fouling, please call 0300 300 8302 or email

Report a Breach of Planning

Examples of Breaches of planning include:

  • when development has commenced without the relevant planning consent
  • demolition or alteration of listed buildings without consent
  • works to trees covered by preservation orders without consent

Should you wish to advise the council of a planning enforcement matter, please provide as much information as possible, including:

  • your name, address and contact telephone number
  • the name and address of the person carrying out the works
  • the location of the site
  • details of the complaint
  • what harm is being caused to you and the area generally

You can report an alleged breach online using our eform

If you are unable to report the issue online, please write to us at The Planning Enforcement Team, Central Bedfordshire Council, Priory House, Monks Walk, Chicksands, Shefford, Beds, SG17 5TQ, telephone 0300 300 8307 or email

Report Changes that affect your Council Tax

If you have a change of circumstances which affects your council tax, you must tell Central Beds Council within 21 days. Otherwise, you may have to pay a penalty of £50.

Email your changes at

Alternatively, report a change by phone on 0300 300 8306, visit any of our customer services centres, or write to us - our address is:

Customer Accounts
Central Bedfordshire Council
Watling House
LU6 1L

Changes you need to report include:

  • if the owner of the property changes
  • if a partner moves in with you
  • if the terms of your tenancy change
  • if one of the liable people changes their name
  • if someone aged 18 or over moves in or out of the property
  • if you apply for bankruptcy, an individual voluntary arrangement or debt relief order
  • if your entitlement to a discount or disregard changes
  • if you stop receiving child benefit for someone who is over 18

If you report a change or apply for a reduction, please continue to pay the amounts specified on your current bill until you get a new one.

Report abuse of a vulnerable adult

  • In an emergency - If you are worried that you or someone you know is in immediate danger, you should call the police on 999
  • Otherwise, call the adult safeguarding team on 0300 300 8122 out of hours emergency safeguarding issues only call 0300 300 8123
  • You can report abuse of a vulnerable adult by using our electronic report form 
  • Email:

Report Abuse of a Child

If you think a child you know is being harmed or at risk of being harmed, please contact the Intake and Assessment Team at Central Beds Council on 0300 300 8585, who you can talk to about your concerns, and they will give you advice or may investigate the circumstances. All calls are treated in confidence and you need not give your details.

Everyone has a responsibility to protect children from harm.

Some Children can be at risk of neglect, emotional harm, including bullying, physical abuse and sexual abuse in any environment and can include close family members as well as strangers

Central Beds Council Contact details:

The LADO (also known in Central Bedfordshire as the Allegations Manager) oversees investigations into allegations and concerns against adults who work with children and young people in both a paid and voluntary capacity.

The criteria for LADO intervention is where the behaviour of an adult has resulted in a child being harmed or at risk of harm; a criminal offence may have been committed or the behaviour of the adult may indicate unsuitability to work with children.

If you have concerns about the conduct and behaviour of someone working with children and young people you can contact Central Bedfordshire's LADO as follows:

  • LADO - tel no 0300 300 4833
  • LADO Administrator - tel no 0300 300 4832

Report a benefit fraudster

Most people claiming benefits are honest, but benefit fraudsters are stealing from you. We are working hard to stop them, and your information could help. If you suspect someone is claiming benefits fraudulently, tell Central Beds Council!

Email, or call now on 0300 300 5557. A confidential telephone hotline is open 24 hours a day.

If you would prefer to write to Central Beds Council, our address is:

Fraud Team (Housing Benefits)
Central Bedfordshire Council
Watling House
High Street North

Reporting Anti-Social Behaviour

Put simply, anti-social behaviour is something that disturbs others, diminishes their quality of life and the peace and quiet of a neighbourhood.

Anti-social behaviour can manifest itself in a variety of ways but some of the common problems include:

  • intimidation, shouting, swearing
  • graffiti, vandalism and damage to property
  • using and selling Class A drugs
  • using a house to sell drugs or for any other illegal activity
  • verbal and physical threats and abuse
  • animals not being kept under control
  • harassment including incidents based on race, gender, religion, disability, or sexual orientation
  • loud noise 

When you report an incident or make a complaint the council will not take any action or speak to anyone else about the problem without agreeing to this with you first. All reports made to the council are treated in the strictest of confidence.

Housing Services deal with issues affecting their tenants and the Community Safety Anti-Social Behaviour team deal with complaints involving people in private accommodation.


  • Community Safety ASB Team - 0300 300 8302 (Private tenants and homeowners) or email:
  • Landlord Services Tenancy Officer - 0300 300 8302 (Anti-social behaviour involving a Central Bedfordshire Council tenant)
  • Local Policing Team - 101
  • Environmental Protection Team - 0300 300 8302 (domestic noise, smoke and light nuisance such as litter)

You can also report anti-social behaviour on line by clicking this link anti-social behaviour online. 

Report Hate Crime

Hate crime or incident is any behaviour that you or someone else thinks was caused by hostility, prejudice or hatred of:

  • disability - including physical, hearing, visual impairments, mental health problems or learning disabilities
  • gender identity - people who are transgender, transsexual or transvestite
  • race - skin colour, nationality, ethnicity or heritage
  • religion, faith or belief - including people without a religious belief and places of worship
  • sexual orientation - people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual or heterosexual

It is important that all hate crimes and incidents are reported. Reports help us support victims and witnesses and make sure action is taken against perpetrators.

Incidents can be reported to Bedfordshire police via the non-emergency phone number of 101 or you can dial 999 if there is a crime in progress.

All incidents are taken seriously and details can be given in strict confidence

There are national support groups that can also offer help and advice to you:

  • Stop Hate UK 24 hour helpline: 0800 138 1625 or Text Relay 18001 0800 138 1625
  • Victim Support helpline number: 0845 30 30 900
  • Bullying UK helpline number: 0808 800 2222

Reporting Issues to the Police

Local Police Contacts 

Reporting Issues to Your Town Council

Ampthill Town Council